Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Proverbs

Young men, this past week I spent some time in Boston, MA at a conference. As I listened t0 the many lectures I was greatly convicted and encouraged.

While I was there a man pointed out that the book of Proverbs in the Bible was written for young men. So, I would like you all to study the book of Proverbs for the following reason:

"The Proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel; To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: To understand a proverb, and the interpretation the words of the wise, and their dark sayings." (Proverbs 1:1-4)

The book of Proverbs will teach you wisdom. You should know it and study it as you should know and study all of the Scriptures. Study the Scriptures by getting down on your knees and taking out Matthew Henry's Commentaries and pray over every verse. Give your life in the service of God. You should know the Word of God backwards and forwards. We speak so highly of the Puritans because of their knowledge of the Word of God. Become a Puritan. Those people that know the word of God and live by it will change a culture for the Kingdom of God. "Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee." (Psalm 119:11) Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment